From 1 July 2017 all statutory reports submitted to the NSW EPA must be prepared or approved by a practitioner that has been certified under either of the following schemes:
- Site Contamination Practitioners Australia (SCPA); or
- Contaminated Land Assessment Specialist Certified Environmental Practitioner (managed by the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand – EIANZ).
The EPA’s new requirement covers reports associated with orders made under the Contaminated Land Management Act 1997 such as a:
- preliminary investigation order;
- management order;
- voluntary management proposal;
- ongoing maintenance order; and/or
- duty to report contamination.
The EPA considers that the SCPA and EIANZ certification schemes offer a thorough process for certifying contaminated land consultants against an acceptable minimum standard of competency. Geo-Logix employs consultants who have been certified under both schemes. We also have a contaminated land auditor who is certified in NSW, Queensland, NT and the ACT.
Further details are available on the NSW EPA’s website or you can contact Geo-Logix for information.